At Inmesol we have improved and increased the number of control functions for our generator sets, which to date had been managed with the DSE6020 model console. We have now replaced it with the new DSE-6020 MKII model in the control panels. The new console has been developed by the company Deep Sea Electronics based on the requirements and expectations of the technicians responsible for generator set maintenance.
The DSE-6020 MKII improves the visualisation and usability of the front panel generator and adds important control functions for the protection of the motor and the automatic monitoring of any anomalies which may occur regarding the current, voltage, frequency, speed, pressure and oil level, condition of the motor, fuel and coolant levels, etc. Moreover, the module can be configured easily using the PC DSE Configuration Suite software.
With the aim of facilitating display readings and navigation, the DSE-6020 MKII console increases the screen size, symbols and texts, and adds the option of navigating on the advanced menu and of going back using the arrow buttons which have been incorporated into the left-hand side of the panel. In terms of control functions, the DSE-6020 MKII offers the following improvements:
Programming and Alarm Functions
- Three more digital inputs have been added to increase the information on the condition of the motor and to programme orders: to configure alarms for the temperature and oil and coolant levels, to stall the equipment when certain parameters are reached, etc.
- An advanced measuring system has been incorporated, which controls the fuel facility – whether in-built or auxiliary (the deposit has a large capacity) – as well as the transfer pump facility.
- Buttons on the front panel have been included, which control changes in the connection between the network and the set.
- An alarm control system has been added for the maintenance of all the motor filters: the oil filter, the air filter and the fuel filter.
- The number of registrations for events has been increased from 5 to 50. All the alarms and warnings are registered and dated: when the battery has been connected or disconnected; when there has been a failure in the network and when the supply has been re-established; the alarms related to the ECU (electronic control unit), etc.
- There are more functions for the clock programmer: the new console can programme alarms and reports for different days of the week and for each week of the month.Since September we have been installing the DSE6020 MKII in newly manufactured generator sets without this change of console altering the retail price. For more information, please consult the technical data sheet for the DSE6020 MKII or contact the Inmesol technical department.