All INMESOL gensets equipped with DSE73XX devices now feature the new version
All gensets carrying the standard DSE7310 or DSE7320 control modules have changed to their most advanced version, DSE 7310 MKII and DSE7320 MKII respectively.
This new MKII version includes additional features that enhance the control potential for the gensets equipped with them.
The advantages over the previous version are highlighted below:
Customised home screen
Customised logos with an address and a contact number may be added. (This option is potentially interesting for the rental sector in particular)
Enhanced PLC functionality.
The need for applications where the generator set is part of complex systems within the same facility has led to the development of a PLC with advanced functionality, significantly expanding its configurable features. Those features may be easily created and configured through the DSE Configuration Suite software.
Configurable front panel Editor
Now, more parameters may be configured from the module’s display or you may only choose those parameters useful for the application, without using the computer, which greatly simplifies the equipment operation.
Different front panel editor access levels may be created through the DSE Configuration Suite software. The company that configures the control module may group the functionality into three different categories. These categories are set to ensure the different system users only have access to certain module parameters using the front panel.
Each parameter would be assigned free access, PIN 1 protection or PIN 2 protection. PIN 2 protection would normally give access to all the parameters. PIN 1 protection would give limited access and the free access would only display menu options that might not have an impact on the generator’s operation.
Data logging function
The DSE Configuration Suite software enables users to log up to 10 different parameters at the same time. Each parameter is kept in a rolling temporary memory database. In case an alarm occurs or a configurable parameter pushes the limits, the parameter information is stored in the complete data log. The data log contains information on what was happening before and after the configured parameter value.
The analysis of stored data will help us understand the generator’s operation at all times.
Battery charger status Information
The battery charger information may now be displayed on the front panel of 73XX MKII. This is feature is available with all the DSE smart battery chargers.
The screen of the 73XX MKII provides the user with clear information on the battery charger, and malfunctions or failures and their status may be easily supervised, as well as the battery lifetime.
Other important advantages included in the SDE73XX MKII
- Both models, DSE 7310 MKII and DSE720 MKII, include the operation time control feature for each genset within a ‘Dual Mutual Standby‘ system or spare generator set. This means that it counts the operating hours of each generator set from its start up, and it may be programmed to give start priority to the generator with less operation hours.
- Ethernet communication and simultaneous use of RS232 and RS 485 ports, which gives countless possibilities for remote control.
- The programmable inputs and outputs for analogue signals of 0 to 10V and 4 to 20mA have been enhanced.
- 3 additional expansion module types have been added: 2130, 3131, 2152, offering a wide set of analogue inputs and outputs.
- The fuel consumption may be monitored on the screen and SMS messages with alarms and reports may be sent.
To sum up, and in conclusion, the use of the MKII version improves the versatility of the use of gensets even more, that is, the application range becomes significantly wider (and at the same time, simpler).