INMESOL has launched our new concept of generating sets, which includes a unified canopy design suitable for any application where the genset might work, regardless it is Industrial, Stand-by or Rental. In this canopy we can fit non-emissioned engines, Euro Stage II engines, Euro Stage IIIA and Stage V compliant engines.
Structure & finishing
When you see it the first impression that you have is both the robustness and the high-quality sensation that the new design transmits, completely in line with the traditional reputation of INMESOL canopies:
- STEEL PLATES: All our constructions use steel plates of considerable thickness, both in the canopy and the frame.
- DOORS & SOUNDPROOFING: The doors are equipped with punched metal plates on the inside, which assures the proper condition of the sound-attenuating panels throughout the life of the genset.
- HINGES: In the entire range, all hinges and locks are heavy-duty.
- ENLARGED FRAME: The frame projects all around the perimeter of the canopy in order to avoid damages during the handling of the genset or on the work site.
- SKIDS: The bottom of the frame now has additional skids, thus avoiding excessive wearing or failures when the genset is towed.
- PAINT: The Qualicoat surface finishing guarantees a much higher corrosion resistance than what is considered standard in the genset industry. Our canopies have successfully exceeded tests, withstanding saline chambers for over 700 hours.
- SEALLING: The canopy is fully sealed with resins that are silicone-free, helping contribute to minimising the effects of both corrosion and water ingress.
Functional and versatile
During daily operation of the genset, the user will benefit from additional features that have been implemented in the new canopy:
- SAFETY: The control panel is protected by a lock-equipped door.
- TEMPORARY CABLING: Power cables can be accessed through a rubber flap for temporary applications.
- PERMANENT CABLING: In addition, the genset comes with a power cable access window for stationary applications.
- CABLES LOCK: With rental versions, we’ve fit a locking bar for the power cables right under the control panel, so that the power cable terminals are not subject to mechanical efforts. This is also available as an option in the Industrial and Stand-By versions.
- DOCUMENTS BOX: The rental versions also come standard with a document holder.
- BUNDED CHASSIS: The frame is leak-proof in all models, with a retention capacity for 120% of liquids contained in the genset.
- FUEL TANK: The fuel tank has a large fill point, enabling both the Industrial and Stand-By versions to run for 8 full hours, while the Rental versions can run for 24 hours, with the fuel tank being equipped with baffle walls that improve the system stability during the genset transport.
- DOORS: Wide service doors provide ample accessibility to the genset during maintenance tasks. For Rental units, the doors are equipped with retainers that allow the technician to secure them in the open position.
- SERVICE: A front access door has been included for radiator cleaning purposes.
- FUEL CONNECTION: As an option we can also fit 3 and 6-way fuel valves and fuel quick hitches, which are very welcome in temporary applications.
- SOCKETS KITS: Rear sockets kits can also be added with a broad variety of configurations.
- FASTER CONNECTION: Powerlock connectors can be added as well, helping to speed up the connections in temporary applications.
Handling and transport
With the aim of facilitating the handling and transport of the genset, it comes with:
- Four lifting points in the frame.
- Pockets in the frame adapted for forklifts.
- A central lifting hook in the roof.
- Steps in the frame for easier access to the lifting hook.
Finally, we have developed an extra-quiet canopy, with extremely high sound-attenuation levels:
- Thick layers of high density, fireproof rock-wool are used in the surrounding of the enclosure.
- The warm air is driven to the top of the genset where it is released, standard for the whole range. Only in engines equipped with the exhaust after-treatment system does the air release remain at the front, for the purpose of assuring good condition of the systems.
- The Rental versions are fit with a second exhaust silencer, along with upgraded sound attenuation in the air inlet ducts.
These generating sets are quieter, more robust, and more versatile than all of our previous generations.