Hakan Ericsson y Antonio Mármol, two of our expert engineers went to Rabat -Morocco- to give a course two weeks ago. The course was aimed at engineers, technical installers and maintenance personnel of ONCF – National Office of railways of Morocco – and TER (Travaux Electriques et Réalisations) that is the installation company.
In our previous article we informed about the purchase of several INMESOL generator sets as part of the investment ONCF is making for launching and implementing significant infrastructure projects in the main cities in Morocco.
The training was organised for engineers and technicians on installations as well as those in charge of maintenance of these generator sets. Every single set of functioning has been taken into account depending on where the generator sets were installed.
All attendees had a lot of questions. Apart from the set content of the course, all enquiries were answered during the two-day training sessions.
Interesting topics that were brought up:
- DSE modules’ control panel programming (setting threshold and timers) to be able to react to fluctuations on the grid and installations.
- Generator sets that function with low current charging
- Usage of expansion modules
- Different protection for DSE control management.
- ‘Config-suite’ download from DSE website
- How to use DSE control unit for:
- transfer pump
- switch off management of non-essential charging or powering
- artificial power management to obtain minimum power
In order to make the training more efficient, the theory was later double checked and clarified in a practical environment with a stand-by generator set.
After a two-day intensive training, the group celebrated and shared productive moments during a delightful lunch.