The improvements introduced in the new design are:
- These generators are more compact, with an overall width of 1200mm, which allows two of them to be transported in parallel on a truck, something that is in great demand by rental companies.
- They are also noticeably quieter than previous versions. Design changes, such as the double layer of insulating material, have led to a significant reduction in noise levels.
- The doors have a new format that ensures better drainage of rainwater, preventing it from resting on the top of the doors and thus eliminating the uncomfortable and damaging effects of water deposits.
- A lockable external fuel filling spot has been added. This is located on the opposite side to the usual internal one.
- Towing and protection bars have been developed which can be attached to the chassis of the generator and which will make it easier for many users to move around the worksite. These bars are optional and can be removed for transport or storage.
- The generators have now sturdy side ladders for a convenient access to the central lifting hook located in the roof.
- All the hinges are now stainless and extremely robust.
- Special attention has been paid during the design process to the wide access to the different service points on the engine and alternator.
As far as the electrical panel is concerned, the new concept is a major step forward compared to the former configuration. Its main advantages are:
- Two separate hinged doors for the control section and for the power section, and equipped with translucent windows for visual inspections without having to open them.
- The control panel door has an internal provision for fitting a curtain for avoiding the direct incidence of the sun light to the controller.
- The power cables terminals housing is much more ample than the one in the former version, but the operator can still access it through the rubber flap in the door, for temporary applications, or through the dedicated window below the panel, for longer-term applications.
- A set of high-power single-pole connectors, known as powerlocks and much appreciated in temporary applications, has been added as standard.
- The design of the front panel in the control section has been modified. The previous horizontal hinges are replaced by vertical ones, making it much more convenient the access to the inside of the control panel for service purposes.